Tuesday 15 September 2009

Shortlisted For An Blogging Award


After my award mocking what happens, I get short listed for one, I believe that's called irony. I do feel quite conflicted in how I should react, I've being pondering all day on what I should write in this post. I usually like to rebel, yet that's somewhat curbed by it being the Lib Dems that have shortlisted me. If it had been Labour, sarcasm would be dripping from this post, I don't have to worry about a Tory award, having used the word "regulation" and "Tony Benn" on this blog in a non derogatory way - more than once.

Yet as irrational as it may be, it feels conformist placing a sticker on my blog. It would be like the shortlist I was on for class captain in school, but taking it seriously enough to not tell everyone I will give them 2p to place in their ties to stop indiscriminate peanutting. Or not running my campaign at Brownies on the issue of abolishing singing and jumping over the toadstool at the end of the evening. Perhaps however the compromise is just say thank you and leave it at that.

So I say to Lib Dem Voice, those that have/are voting for my blog and those that didn't but took the time to take a look.

Thank you!




No comments:

Post a Comment